Saturday 27 June 2015

Matte pink and glitter


layered polish

surprisingly smooth and silky

you can see the gold flake refusing to lie flat :<
Rimmel "Sweet Retreat" pink creme
+some cream and lilac marbling
+Miss Sporty Candy Shine "Pop Rocks" glitter topper
+My frankened milky sheer-white matte topcoat.

Pop Rocks is a nice topper for, say, mid-grey. But over pastels, I find the black hexes too sparse and stark (I wish they were blue or grey or something more subtle).
Also, the gold shards refuse to lie flat and there's only so much topcoat you can throw at them.

On the whole, I liked this combo's soft depths but I think a different glitter would have worked better.

3 comments:

  1. Shame about the awkward glitter tho :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ave!
      Yeah, I feel awkward glitter is a metaphor for so many things in life - it looks exciting in the bottle but the application isn't really worth the effort.
      And yet, it still looks good in the bottle so I keep trying to use it!
      ( ̄ヘ ̄)

      Delete